SUMMARY: Responsible for Forecasting, Scheduling, Sourcing, Cost Control, and negotiating materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prospecting and development of qualified sources for assigned commodities.
- Establishing mutually beneficial contractual arrangements which provide cost control.
- Collaborate with suppliers to generate YOY cost savings to offset inflationary pressures
- Lead the S & OP process for assigned products to optimize customer OTIF (On time in full) and inventory.
- Forecast demands to the supplier to maintain production schedules and meet OTIF targets.
- Configure ERP system to generate planning and purchasing requirements.
- Meeting Inventory turn targets
- Meeting supplier on time delivery targets.
- Maintain a current list of vendors and items with preferably three options to purchase or source for each item.
- Set up and maintain BOM’s..
- Work with vendors on supply discrepancies.
- Enter PO’s and share with suppliers, and reconcile invoices with PO receipts when needed
- Correspond with vendors on any discrepancies to achieve a resolution.
- Provide input and feedback to supplier on performance scores with all vendors to drive continuous improvement
- Manage and communicate in a timely manner product and conversion changes
- Continually think of & implement ways to improve all our processes while working with other team members.
- Measure and coordinate overall cost savings efforts within the company.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position may direct cross functional teams.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience. Requires computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and experience working in an ERP system.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development along side some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.