SUMMARY: Responsible for forecasting, demand planning, supplier capacity models, and supplier scheduling. May help with supplier sourcing, cost control, and purchasing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the organization’s forecast and demand planning function using inventory levels, supplier capacity, supplier lead times, and product demand to estimate needs from our suppliers.
- Must have very good analytical skills as it relates to all areas of supply chain including product demand/forecasting, material supply (OTD, lead times, capacity), and inventory (min/max levels, turns).
- Works with customer forecasts and uses statistical modeling methodology to optimize the demand planning process.
- Gathers and evaluates data to develop solutions for increasing supply of products.
- Works with suppliers to determine optimal inventory levels.
- Configures ERP/Demand Planning system to generate planning and purchasing requirements.
- Leads the S & OP process for assigned products to optimize customer OTIF (On time in full).
- Forecasts demand to the supplier to maintain production schedules and meet OTIF targets.
- Helps to set and maintain Inventory turn targets.
- Helps to set supplier on time delivery targets.
- Helps to set up and maintain BOM’s.
- Work and correspond with suppliers on supply discrepancies when needed,
- Will on occasion enter PO’s with suppliers and reconcile invoices with PO receipts.
- Help provide input and feedback to supplier on performance scores with all vendors to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage and communicate in a timely manner product and conversion changes.
- Continually think of & implement ways to improve all our processes while working with other team members.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position may direct cross functional teams.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and experience working in an ERP system and Demand Planning system environment.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development along side some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.