SUMMARY: The Warehouse Manager is responsible for strategically developing and maintaining a “Best-in-Class” fulfillment center that meets the needs of our customer base (OTIF). Foster a culture of accountability, discipline and performance with the goal of continuous improvement. Employing lean practices to ensure lowest cost per unit. Maintaining an organized, clean workspace utilizing the principles of 5S. Leveraging effective use of technology. Recommending improvements to the operation to reduce waste and cost. All activities are conducted under environmental, health, and safety programs and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Ensuring shipments are made to the customer requested dates (OTIF).
- Achieve “best in class” Inventory accuracy.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Practice effective performance management.
- Ensure proper cross-training to provide coverage for absenteeism.
- Ensure all DOT and environmental regulations are met.
- Keeping metrics up to date and ensuring visibility to promote productivity.
- Motivate workforce with effective use of incentives.
- Provide leadership to second in command that supports productivity goals.
- Ensure 5S of the warehouse is improved and maintained.
- Provide support for special order requirements, export situations, and develop systems and procedures to maintain cleanliness and organization in the warehouse.
- Maintain all required certifications and inspections as needed for Fire Code compliance, Safety and OSHA requirements, DOT transportation compliance, Hazmat shipping, Quality System compliance and improvement.
- Lead continuous improvement of production, inbound, and picking activities using the AIM program.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 10 – 20 employees in the warehouse. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or five years’ related experience and/or training.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in Management of employees with prior warehouse management experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of inventory planning, forecasting techniques as well as operational systems and warehouse management.
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Proven track record for leading and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrates proven expertise in concepts, practices, and procedures.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.