SUMMARY: Responsible for prospecting, developing and recommending qualified sources for assigned commodities, and ensuring 100% on time delivery (OTIF) for the assigned finished products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prospecting and development of qualified sources for assigned commodities.
- Establishing mutually beneficial contractual arrangements which provide cost control.
- Collaborate with suppliers to generate YOY cost savings to offset inflationary pressures
- Lead the S & OP process for assigned products to optimize customer OTIF (On time in full) and inventory.
- Forecast demands to the supplier to maintain production schedules and meet OTIF targets.
- Configure ERP system to generate planning and purchasing requirements.
- Maintain a current list of vendors and items with preferably three options to purchase or source for each item.
- Set up and maintain BOM’s.
- Correspond with vendors on any discrepancies to achieve a resolution.
- Manage and communicate in a timely manner product and conversion changes
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position may direct cross functional teams.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and at least five (5) years’ sourcing experience. Requires computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and experience working in an ERP system.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CPIM or equivalent desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.
HOURS: Normally 8AM to 5PM. Must be flexible depending upon business needs.