SUMMARY: The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day management, and improvement, of all accounting functions for the Company. Assist in setting strategic direction for the Accounting Department, aligning department goals and objectives to achieve Company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Develop, document, and maintain best in class accounting processes and procedures. Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
- Develop and maintain a high-performance culture in the Accounting Department resulting in continued success in meeting department KPIs.
- Develop processes and procedures within the newly launched ERP system that benefits the Accounting Department and Company and instills proper controls to protect company assets.
- Responsible for the credit and cash functions which include daily review and analysis to set credit limits, maintain credit files, daily bank reconciliations and maintaining segregation of duties related to new vendor and customer setup.
- Responsible for month-end closing, monthly reconciliations and ensuring intercompany entities and accounts are balanced.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements, various tax and information filings, and government surveys.
- Responsible for monthly reporting and communications with external audit firm.
- Provide backup / support to other department areas that include Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and FP&A.
- Take active role in integrating acquired businesses into existing systems and processes.
- Ability to work in an environment that is fast paced, continually changing and provides new challenges and opportunities on a daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily along with:
- Proven track record of developing, starting and completing projects.
- Willingness to dig into newly launched ERP system to learn system and help others with their responsibilities.
- Data analytic skills used to identify and analyze variances related to financial results or account fluctuations.
- Ability to recommend solutions or alternatives to “We have always done it that way” responses to processes and problems.
- Customer Service belief of how the Accounting Department is related to all other Company Departments and willing to operate with high Service Level Agreements (SLA).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Accounting degree from an accredited university w/preference towards to CPA or CMA.
- 7+ years of experience in various accounting positions of increasing responsibility.
- MS office experience with emphasis in Excel pivot tables, data analytics and building dashboards.
- Experience with Hyperion, Khalix or PowerBI (excel based reporting tools).
- Experience or training in Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package, and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org