SUMMARY: The Project Manager is responsible for driving products through the New Product Development Process utilizing cross functional teams and outside resources. This position is responsible for the management of best in class processes to drive time to market, efficiency, continuous improvement, and relentlessly executing and driving projects to deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Executes strategic and improvement product development projects to deadlines that lead to strategic growth objectives.
- Works closely with all stakeholders across the Enterprise to develop and launch a strong portfolio of profitable new products.
- Owns the Product Development Process and leads high priority projects ensuring projects deliver on quality, on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple projects simultaneously through ideation, concept development, validation and commercialization in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create, maintain and track project schedules as well as identify and mitigate risks.
- Results oriented, high degree of initiative, follow through and accountability.
- Provide product and validation data in accordance with defined project scope.
- Coordinate cross functional teams within the Enterprise to achieve company goals for existing and new/changed products.
- Manages efforts to enhance technical capabilities of the organization through a combination of partnerships with key suppliers, labs, development resources and identification of internal staff development needs.
- Interface closely with all departments (particularly Operations, Regulatory, Purchasing and Marketing) to facilitate development of product initiatives, speed our time to market, and ensure launch success.
- Identify supplier opportunities and challenges and partner with the Procurement Team to ensure appropriate development and resolution.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports but leads internal cross-functional teams and manages outside partners.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required with proven experience in project management of new products in the CPG or B2B industries.
- 5-7 years relevant project management experience in leading new products through a phase gate system.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- MS Project proficient, Work Front experience a plus.
- Strong strategic and tactical action planning, initiative and comfort with ambiguity in the pursuit of aggressive growth goals.
- Proven track record for leading and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrates proven expertise in concepts, practices, and procedures.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.