SUMMARY: The eCommerce sales manager is responsible for driving business in a CPG environment while working with sales, product, and marketing management to drive eCommerce growth and maximize revenue and margins. They will be responsible for both supporting the strategy and owning the execution that drives maximum revenue and conversion. It is imperative to have prior experience driving sizable sales growth with Amazon as well as a direct-to-consumer site by using every tool available. Expert knowledge of content planning, influencer marketing, email marketing, SEO, SEM, competitive products and programs, and making recommendations to leadership on how to effectively drive results is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Meet/exceed channel revenue and gross margin goals through the development and execution of a comprehensive account management, pricing, presentation, and service strategy.
- Work with internal and external partners to establish, manage, and execute best-in-class product presentation standards.
- Follow all sales guidelines, processes, and procedures to ensure accurate evaluation of opportunities, pricing and margin.
- Lead eCommerce channel sales strategy and serve as the eCommerce channel, account, and category expert.
- Regularly communicate business opportunities, results, updates and challenges.
- Review monthly channel results, reporting to management on account and channel sales performance, making recommendations when changes are necessary to drive improved results.
- Provide Supply Chain with accurate and timely unit forecasts to allow for adequate inventory to support sales initiatives.
- Manage assigned budgets effectively.
- Monitor product distribution and retail margin results.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills required.
- Manage companies D2C eCommerce platform performance. Identify new opportunities and enhancements to drive more traffic and orders, utilizing the WooCommerce and Shopify platforms.
- Drive execution of the eCommerce sales plan from Amazon, Amazon agencies, Walmart.com, HomeDepot.com, and other eCommerce accounts; Lead expansion across new channels.
- Ensure accuracy of all creative assets, linking, promotions and product attribution for sites and within areas of focus
- Drive customer growth through strategy creation in SEO, SEM, PPC, Social Media, Marketing
- CPG, B2B, and experience in water treatment a plus.
- Possess a solid knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics/Tag Manager best practices with the ability to communicate these effectively.
- Social marketing campaign experience on social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Knowledge of and familiarization with the latest web trends, techniques and eCommerce technologies
- Strong financial acumen to evaluate product line P&L performance
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports but leads internal cross-functional teams and manages outside partners.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: 4+ years direct experience working with Amazon and other eCommerce channel sellers in a sales or product marketing/management role required. Also experience managing online brand Direct to Consumer stores preferred.
A BA/BS in Business Administration or similar required 4+ years of direct experience with leading consumer goods is strongly preferred. Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.