SUMMARY: Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, this role facilitates the compliance external Regulatory and Sustainability requirements playing an active role in product development activities while making enterprise goals the top priority. Manage and oversee contractors, consultants and suppliers who will provide expertise in various regulatory areas. Develop and maintain annual budgets with a goal of YOY cost reductions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and manage sustainability strategy and established goals for the company.
- Administer All Ideas Matter (AIM) program to promote sustainability.
- Lead effort to communicate sustainability initiatives and accomplishments to customers and consumers (i.e. publicly available goals).
- Assist in maintaining the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Perform internal audits on the ISO 14001 EMS.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT / TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
- Lead /assist in product development efforts and other projects where needed for CARS/PARS and new product alignment with sustainability goals.
- Lead in sustainable chemistry insights for new products and works collaboratively with Product Development Manager.
- Lead continuous improvement projects relating to sustainable chemistry initiatives with existing products. Build reliable, predictive methods to affirm efficacy testing.
- Manage outside experts, domestic and foreign product compliance and label reviews in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations, including updating of SDS’s, appropriate registrations, certification maintenance, and compliance with FDA, DOT, DHS, and hazmat regulations.
- Ensure enterprise compliance with Federal, State and local Air, Waste, Water, Superfund, and TSCA regulations, which includes storm water program management, proper waste handling / disposal, proper recycling methods, etc.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None currently, but the candidate will be required to direct and manage outside consultants, laboratories, etc. and will lead internal teams.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in four-year college or university; preferably in a science or technical-related field such as chemistry or environmental science and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in regulatory compliance, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Business background and mindset strongly preferred with the ability to conduct and understand cost/benefit analysis.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development along side some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.