SUMMARY: The New Products Project Manager is responsible for driving products through the New Product Development Process utilizing cross functional teams and outside resources. This position is responsible for the development of best-in-class processes to drive time to market, efficiency, continuous improvement, and relentlessly executing and driving projects to deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned:
- Executes product development and improvement projects to deadlines leading to strategic growth objectives.
- Works closely with all stakeholders across the Enterprise to develop and launch a strong portfolio of profitable new products.
- Works with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and expectations in order to develop strategic direction for Product Development, Innovation and QA.
- Owns the Product Development Process and personally leads projects insuring quality and on time and on cost completion.
- Provide product and validation data in accordance with defined project scope.
- Coordinate regulatory efforts within the Enterprise to achieve company goals for existing and new/changed products.
- Lead efforts to enhance technical capabilities of the organization through a combination of partnerships with key suppliers, labs, development resources and identification of internal staff development needs.
- Interface closely with all departments (particularly Operations, Quality, Manufacturing, and Marketing) to facilitate development of product initiatives, speed our time to market, and ensure launch success.
- Identify supplier opportunities and challenges and partner with the Procurement Team to ensure appropriate development and resolution.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports but leads internal cross-functional teams and manages outside partners.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A. or B.S. Degree required with relevant field of study preferred.
- 5+ years relevant project management experience, total cost assessment, new item introduction, in relevant industry.
- Knowledge of water treatment and specialty cleaning chemistry.
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred.
- Strong strategic and tactical action planning.
- Proven track record for leading and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrates proven expertise in concepts, practices, and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package, and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness, and family.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week plus some travel.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org