SUMMARY: The National Account Manager leads and executes all aspects of sales objectives and initiatives for assigned customers and channels. National Account Manager – Walmart will drive new and existing product growth within Walmart/Walmart.com/Sam’s Club and with other potentially identified new customers. Direct P/L responsibility for assigned customers’ sales and profit goals.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated experience working with national retailers is required. Sales or key account management roll selling Fast Moving Consumer Goods products to Walmart., specifically household cleaning products is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned:
- Executes growth objectives as set by the Company with attention given to budgets, profitability, promotional spend rates, and profit goals.
- Foster relationships with key retail merchants across multiple departments as needed. Identify expanding business development opportunities by delivering sales presentations penetrating the account across categories and departments.
- Drives sales and broker team to develop customer base, products, pricing, strategic relationships with customers.
- Develops annual and monthly sales plans in coordination with the Company’s business plan.
- Manage direct brokers and rep groups within assigned channels.
- Prepare and maintain accurate customer/broker profiles and sales history.
- Manage trade promotions in accordance with approved budgets to deliver sales goals.
- Collaborate with Ecommerce Sales manager regarding customer specific planning, strategy, content, analytics and web technologies.
- Plans customer retention strategies that increase revenue, identify changes, adjust and redraft sales plan and philosophy as necessary.
- Stay abreast of changes in the sales environment to best serve the objectives of the organization.
- Research and develop sales strategies which identify new opportunities in assigned channel.
- Work with Marketing and other cross-functional teams in branding and positioning efforts to support the success of all Company products through assigned channels and customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A. or B.S. Degree required. MBA a plus
- 8+ years’ strategic sales experience working with Walmart and other national retailers such as Costco, Sam’s and Target
- 2-3 years’ experience with Walmart.com
- Ability to analyze and understand syndicated data, Walmart Retail Link, PowerPoint and Excel and articulate the meaning to accounts
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Demonstrated experience selling consumer packaged goods, specifically household cleaning products
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises broker/rep groups. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training broker/rep groups; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week. Ability to travel up to 50%.