SUMMARY: The Marketing Specialist will be a part of the Product & Brand Marketing Team, supporting all product, brand, and visual aspects of the business, including internal and external client requests. This individual will support the Marketing team by coordinating projects such as marketing and sales materials, new product line extensions and promotional items (value packs, displays), ensuring brand standard consistency. This individual will also assist with creating and executing effective design solutions to engage and inspire consumers to take action across all media channels and work with outside agencies on effective solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of our products, internal standards, and differentiators to help develop strategies aimed at increasing effective communications and brand awareness.
- Assist with market research, competitive analysis, and product differentiation.
- Support development of Go-To-Market plans for new offers, bundles, and new products.
- Participate in the new product development process to include identification and implementation of new product opportunities.
- Assist with Marketing projects including Sales promotion items such as displays and line extensions; develop project timelines and work with internal teams (Product Dev./Operations) to meet launch timing.
- Support the product marketing team with new item set-up, managing and updating catalogs and price lists, sales sample mock-ups and helping to coordinate marketing events such as trade shows.
- Assist with managing graphic design tasks which may include product packaging, sales collateral, developing new marketing content, enhancing existing integrated traditional and digital campaigns, internal posters, and fliers, maintaining, and coordinating creative for trade show exhibits.
- Follow product and partner brand guidelines and replicate look and feel in new materials and templates.
- Write, proofread, and edit creative and product content across different mediums.
- Work with Product Directors and internal business partners to ensure projects are completed within budget and on time.
- Experience with product launches and/or integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience planning and leading initiatives
- Working knowledge of market research, competitive analysis, and data analytics
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and lead multiple projects and tasks with both short and long deadlines
- Ability to deliver quickly and on-time, without sacrificing quality
- Self-starter with the ability to learn fast, lead projects independently and collaboratively with a team
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Continually seek opportunities to improve skills and expand job-related knowledge
- Graphic Design experience a plus, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing and project management work, consumer packaged goods experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports but leads internal cross-functional teams and manages outside partners.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package, and opportunities for career development along side some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness, and family.