SUMMARY: The successful candidate will have deep experience in financial analysis, cost accounting, and leadership. Strategic thinker with the ability to offer recommendations based on financial analytics. Responsible for managing all accounting functions, including establishing accounting best practices, principles and procedures. Provides oversight and operations of statutory filings, establishes and maintains financial controls, and manages accounting staff. Assist in setting strategic direction for the accounting department, aligning department goals and objectives to achieve Company goals and objectives. Drives department efficiency and Company profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains a high-performance culture in this function, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and driving efficiency.
- Identifies and develops key talent and appropriately manages the accounting staff to ensure success of all individuals in the department, as well as achieving department goals and objectives.
- Ongoing analysis of cost accounting processes, constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. Provide for a system of management of cost reports.
- Drives corporate wide strategic process improvement effort.
- Maintains fixed asset and depreciation schedules and year end preparation work, etc.
- Issues timely and complete financial statements. Coordinates the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Recommends benchmarks against which to measure the performance of Company operations. Calculates and issues financial and operating metrics.
- Assists in the production of the annual budget and forecasts. Calculates variances from the budget and reports significant issues to management.
- Provides financial analysis as needed, capital investments, and contract negotiations. Monitors debt levels and complies with debt covenants. Monitors covenants with banks, borrowing base reports, and maintains positive bank relationships.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and various tax filings.
- Establishes and maintains Activity Based Costing system for manufactured items.
- Responsible for the credit function including creating a Credit Policy, setting credit limits and maintaining credit files.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate item costs and quantities in FACTS IC.
- Establishes internal control procedures and conducts audits to assure compliance. Coordinates outside audits, reviews and activities.
- Assists CFO in tax preparation and financing activities as directed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises all accounting department personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a BA, MBA degree preferred
- 10 -15 years experience in accounting/finance or a combination of education & experience
- CPA or CMA certification a plus
- Proven track record for leading and directing the work of others
- Proven track record of driving efficiency and profitability
- Excellent MS Office (Excel, MSQuery, Access, PowerPoint) capabilities required
- Strong written communication and presentation skills required
- Demonstrates proven expertise in concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience in developing strategic plans based on comprehensive analysis
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.