Powerful Foaming Action
Food waste and grunge left in your disposal leads to foul odors in the sink. Glisten® Garbage Disposer Cleaner is designed to clean and deodorize your garbage disposal, safely and effectively cleaning what home remedies and other sink disposal cleaner brands cannot. Our powerful formula reaches deep to scrub away the toughest grunge and odor-causing buildup from the entire disposal and drain pipes.
Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner’s biodegradable packet cleans and scrubs the disposal blades, sidewalls, under the splash guard and other hidden areas, leaving the disposal, sink and whole kitchen fresh and smelling clean. This safe, convenient and easy-to-use garbage disposal cleaner is made with natural ingredients* and is sink, drain and disposal safe. Weekly use removes buildup and odors while keeping your disposal running efficiently and lasting longer.View More
Natural Ingredients*, Effective Sink & Disposal Cleaner
Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner is made with natural ingredients*, providing a powerful yet safe clean. As an effective sink and disposal cleaner, Glisten is formulated to foam and scrub away odor-causing buildup from the entire disposal, cleaning what home remedies cannot. Glisten works in all disposals and is plumbing, sink, drain and septic safe.
How Often to Use: Use weekly or as needed to remove and prevent buildup and odors, and to keep disposal running efficiently.
Non-Compatible Surfaces/Materials: Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner can be used with any sink surface.
Performance Guaranteed. All of our products have a money–back guarantee, promising that every product will meet or exceed your expectations. If you’re not satisfied with product performance, mail your register receipt along with UPC to Summit Brands for a full refund.
Made in the USA.
*Contains 45% natural ingredients
Directions for Use
Read entire label before using. Glisten is designed for use in properly working disposals and will not clear a clogged drain.
- Start with turned off, empty disposal. Run a strong stream of hot water into the sink with disposal (not directly into the disposal) for one minute. Reduce hot water stream to a pencil width trickle.
- Remove one cleaning packet from package. DO NOT OPEN CLEANING PACKET. With disposal off and water still running at a trickle, insert one unopened biodegradable packet completely into the disposal. Turn on disposal.
- Blue cleaning foam may rise into sink or both sinks if a double sink. Cleaning action continues as foam retreats into disposal. Cleaning is complete once foam entirely disappears from disposal (approx. 1-2 min.). Rinse remaining foam from sink and turn off disposal.
Note: If cleaning foam is not visible, repeat above steps, ensuring hot water trickles at pencil width.
Precautions and Safety
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Do not use with ammonia, bleach or any other household cleaners, because the mixture may release a hazardous gas.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Do not ingest product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
For more product information, see our Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
+ What does Glisten® Garbage Disposer Cleaner do?
Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner is a sink disposal cleaner that deep cleans, deodorizes and properly maintains your garbage disposal. Garbage Disposer Cleaner’s powerful blue foaming action reaches deep to scrub away grunge and odor-causing buildup from the sidewalls, blades, splash guard, drain pipes and even the hidden and hard-to-reach parts that collect and store food waste and emit odors. Garbage Disposer Cleaner leaves the disposal, sink and whole kitchen smelling fresh. Regular use keeps your garbage disposal running efficiently and lasting longer.
+ Where can I buy Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner?
The Summit Brands product line is available for purchase through national retailers, both in stores and online; some products may also be available for purchase through our website. Use the “Buy Now” button to locate online and local retailers who carry this product or begin your purchase through the site.
+ Is Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner septic safe?
When used as directed, Glisten garbage disposal cleaner is safe for all disposals, plumbing and septic systems.
+ What if my disposal shuts off while cleaning with Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner?
Garbage disposals are designed to shut off, if overheated. Most disposals have a reset switch on the lower portion of the disposal, which when pressed should enable the appliance to restart. If your disposal does not have a reset switch, let the disposal cool, then restart the appliance.
+ I did not see any foam in the drain or sink. What happened?
To ensure the blue cleaning foam is produced, take note of these usage tips.
Please note that the cleaning foam may be contained in the drain or it may rise up into the sink; in double sinks, the cleaning foam may rise in one or both of the drains or sinks.
- The water must not be pointed directly straight down the drain. On the disposal side, the faucet should be pushed off to the side of the sink, allowing water to trickle down the drain at a stream about the thickness of a pencil.
- Ensure that the water stream is not too strong. As indicated above, the stream of water should be about the width of a pencil. Due to varying water conditions, it may be necessary to cut the water usage in half, enabling the cleaning foam to produce instead of rinsing away.
- Ensure the temperature of the water is WARM or HOT.
- Do not open the inner packet. It is biodegradable and is designed to dissolve with the water and disposal action. If powder is clumped within the package, knead the product with fingers to loosen the contents within the package before inserting in the drain.
- Be sure packet is fully inserted into the drain and that the disposal is turned on.
- Ensure that the water remains running in the sink as the foam is cleaning.
+ My garbage disposal still smells even after use of Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner. Did it work?
We recommend running a strong stream of HOT water into the disposal for a couple minutes to loosen and clear the buildup. Excessive buildup may require additional applications, so it may be necessary to use another cleaning packet to fully deep clean the disposal and drain pipes.
+ The Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner packet is compacted together and very solid. Can I still use it?
If the powder within the packet is clumped, this should not affect the efficacy or functionality of the product. Knead the package with your fingers to break up the contents within the package before fully inserting in the disposal. We recommend ensuring the product is stored in the sealed outer package in high temperature conditions to avoid moisture from entering the package.
+ Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner clogged my garbage disposal.
Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner itself will not clog the disposal and is not intended for use to clear clogged drains. The cleaning packet is biodegradable. Hot water and the disposal action fully break up and dissolve the packet, producing the powerful scrubbing foam. If the unit is clogged, it is likely due to excessive use leading to buildup of grease, limescale, soap and food scraps. You may need to contact the disposal manufacturer or a repairman.
+ Can I use Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner in my kitchen sink without a disposal?
Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner is designed to be used in sinks with a disposal, as it is formulated to deep clean the garbage disposal and drain. Glisten Garbage Disposer Cleaner’s biodegradable packet needs the hot water and disposal action to produce the powerful blue cleaning foam which scrubs the disposal interior, removing tough grunge and odor-causing buildup within the disposal and drain.
You might also like...
Glisten® Garbage Disposer Freshener
Our convenient garbage disposal freshener quickly and easily rinses away foul odors and keeps your disposal smelling fresh. Learn More >>$4.03
Glisten® Dishwasher Detergent Booster + Freshener
Our multi-action dishwasher detergent booster and freshener eliminates dishwasher odors and removes hard water spots and stains from glassware and dishes. Learn More >>$9.50