SUMMARY: The Supply Chain Director has direct responsibility for driving overall strategy and execution of enterprise cost savings oversight and management including planning, controlling, and coordinating all aspects of the supply chain to include sourcing, procurement and oversight of materials, inventory planning, production, quality, regulatory, distribution and fulfillment. This position is responsible for purchasing of materials, capacity and demand planning, and the overall supply chain management. Implementation of supply chain strategies, develop and implement methods and processes for efficient supply chains, establishing priorities, and supervising personnel. Direct all activities and ensure that all business commitments are met in regards to cost containment, demand planning & scheduling, and projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Develops/Maintains profitable supply chain plan for existing and new product introduction by coordinating requirements across various functional areas to include sourcing, procurement, materials, and inventory functions.
- Accountability for adherence to supply chain and cost reduction targets, overseeing demand planning activities; monitoring progress, increase global supply dependability and flexibility, reviewing schedule and resolving cross departmental problems.
- Establish key programs or projects that target specific improvement opportunities to reduce costs and lead times, resolve quality issues, or increase supply dependability and flexibility. Ensure achievement of planned results.
- Lead sourcing, procurement, and materials teams to achieve optimal levels of performance by way of open communication, involvement, empowerment and accountability.
- Lead, manage and oversee sourcing and procurement initiatives related to New Product Development to support successful product market introductions.
- Ensure sourcing, procurement and materials activities, policies, processes and procedures are focused on the highest standards of quality, continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure, manage and oversee the establishment of a reliable supplier base through the implementation of strong partnering relationships and strategic sourcing alliances.
- Lead, manage and oversee negotiations and the establishment of applicable supply agreements, contracts and purchase order terms and conditions.
- Ensure and maintain the integrity of processes in place for supplier communications, analysis and selection, procurement and outsourcing activities and sourcing strategies for commodity categories.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to develop a high performance teams including interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead, Manage and oversee the warehouse distribution, fulfillment and assembly operations to meet customer requirements. Set strategy for the distribution operations and propose and implement improvements to reduce cost, improve service, and improve quality
- Develop most efficient and cost effective logistics process for delivery of product both incoming and outgoing.
- Maintain a safe work environment for the team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises; Operations Department and Warehouse Management personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A. or B.S. Degree required with relevant (operations, business) field of study preferred
- 10+ years relevant materials management & purchasing experience, distribution experience required with specific experience in supplier identification and development, contract negotiation, total cost assessment, new item introduction, and ERP system implementation
- Strong working knowledge of inventory planning, forecasting techniques as well as operational systems and warehouse management
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Proven track record for leading and directing the work of others
- Demonstrates proven expertise in concepts, practices, and procedures
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.