SUMMARY: The Sales & Marketing Director/General Manager is responsible for delivering KPI performance for the Summit Outdoors business. This includes:
- Driving profitable sales growth for strategic customers in both brick and mortar and ecommerce.
- Leading and executing strategic product / projects to hit scope, timing and costs.
- Leading and improving customer care and inside sales initiatives to meet direct to consumer growth initiatives.
- Driving a culture of passion, energy and continuous improvement that delivers customer delight at all touch points.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct and execute daily operations of the business unit.
- Ensure the creation and execution of strategy designed to grow the business.
- Provide direct leadership & management of all employees in the business unit.
- Lead the sales team to develop customer base, products, pricing, strategic relationships and high value territories and regions.
- Develop annual and monthly sales plans in coordination with the Company’s business plan.
- Develop and direct brokers and rep groups within assigned market area.
- Manage trade promotions in accordance with approved budgets.
- Plans, directs, and executes all trade shows that support sales plans.
- Collaborate with Enterprise marketing and ecommerce Directors regarding business specific planning, strategy, content, analytics, and web technologies.
- Plans customer retention strategies that increase revenue, identify changes, adjust and redraft sales plan and philosophy as necessary.
- Work with Marketing and Product Development to support the success of all Company products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required. MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience as a General Manager in the outdoor channel
- 10+ years experience working with National Reps/Brokers
- Capable of championing and communicating the company’s strategic vision
- Deep understanding of Ecommerce Sales and Marketing
- Great attitude, energetic, with a deep knowledge of, and passion for, hunting
- Strong project manager and effective leader
- Experience with big box hunting, national retailers, and hunting dealers preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise sales, marketing, and customer care staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.