SUMMARY: The Brand/Product Manager is ultimately responsible for understanding, recommending and executing improvements to the value proposition of the product portfolio. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with Operations, Marketing, and Sales to deliver successful products. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals and adherence and improvement of the process to market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Operations to develop aggressive timelines for product development and market release.
- Develop, propose and manage an overall budget to ensure success.
- Support product design, development and release process for assigned products according to project development protocol.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Develop product packaging.
- Develop content for product and company collateral.
- Develop reimbursement strategy for products and set product pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide in-depth analysis of market, industry and competitors.
- Develop both internal and external product education strategies.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Support marketing, sales, technical support, and customer service through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos.
- Support sales by providing training on products, feature/benefit opportunities and competitive comparisons.
- Perform product demonstrations at trade shows, online seminars, and other events.
- Work with the sales team to develop innovative marketing programs and show event campaigns
- Conduct market assessments and competitive analyses to identify product opportunities whether new or redesigned to meet different needs.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for manufacturing.
- Analyze sales data and provide information concerning sales trends and performance to budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration or Marketing preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Marketing Product Management in a B2B, D2C environment.
- Experience in the water treatment and/or irrigation and/or hunting industry preferred.
- A deep knowledge of, and passion for, hunting a plus.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- Excellent teamwork and executive level communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently.
- Cross-functional team experience that include operations, and regulatory, sales, and marketing staff.
- Seasoned experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel, and PM software.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or related in experience in Brand and Product Management, MBA preferred. Computer experience with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.