SUMMARY: The Senior Sales Director is responsible for directing and overseeing all sales functions at Summit Brands. Direct P/L responsibility for sales and customer profit goals. Also responsible for formulating and implementing sales objectives, initiatives, policies, and plans. Develops best in class processes to drive department efficiency, innovation, and improve profitability. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement strategies and plans to deliver double digit sales growth annually.
- Establishes and is responsible for Sales Department operations, development and administration of budgets, annual and monthly sales plans, and performance standards in coordination with the Company’s business plan.
- Develop and maintain a high-performance culture in this function, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and sales goals.
- Collaborate with marketing regarding ecommerce business specific planning, strategy, content, analytics, and web technologies.
- Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage to ensure success of all individuals in the department.
- Plan customer retention strategies that increase revenue, identify changes, adjust and redraft sales plan and philosophy as necessary.
- Spend a portion of time in the field, both servicing a sales channel and traveling with sales personnel.
- Stay abreast of changes in the sales environment to best serve the objectives of the organization.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales methods, costs, and results.
- Research and develop sales strategies which identify new markets and sales opportunities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervise sales department personnel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A. or B.S. Degree required, MBA a plus
- 5+ years of successful managerial experience in the CPG/Cleaning Products industry
- 10+ years experience working with National Reps/Brokers
- Experience with Mass, Grocery, Hardware, Home Center & Specialty channels a plus
- Proven track record for leading and directing the work of others.
- Proven track record of delivering financial and growth on brands.
- Demonstrates proven expertise in concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience in developing strategic plans based on comprehensive analysis
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package, and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness, and family.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week plus some travel.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org