SUMMARY: The National Account Director/Business Development Director leads and executes all aspects of sales objectives and initiatives for assigned customers and channels. Direct P/L responsibility for assigned customers’ sales and profit goals.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated experience working with Walmart and other national retailers such as Costco, Sam’s and Target are required. Successful experience selling consumer packaged goods, specifically household cleaning products is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Executes plans to deliver sales and profit goals in all assigned customers and channels.
- Drives sales and broker team to develop customer base, products, pricing, strategic relationships with customers.
- Develops annual and monthly sales plans in coordination with the Company’s business plan.
- Develop and direct brokers and rep groups within assigned channels.
- Prepare and maintain accurate customer/broker profiles and sales history.
- Manage trade promotions in accordance with approved budgets to deliver sales goals.
- Collaborate with Ecommerce Sales manager regarding customer specific planning, strategy, content, analytics and web technologies.
- Plans customer retention strategies that increase revenue, identify changes, adjust and redraft sales plan and philosophy as necessary.
- Stay abreast of changes in the sales environment to best serve the objectives of the organization.
- Research and develop sales strategies which identify new opportunities in assigned channel.
- Work with Marketing and other cross-functional teams in branding and positioning efforts to support the success of all Company products through assigned channels and customers.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS degree required, MBA degree a plus.
- 8+ years’ strategic sales experience working with Walmart and other national retailers such as Costco, Sam’s and Target.
- Experience with national retailers such as Costco, Sam’s and Target.
- 2-3 years’ experience with ecommerce sales with above customers.
- Ability to analyze and understand syndicated data, Walmart Retail Link, PowerPoint and Excel and articulate the meaning to accounts.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Demonstrated experience selling consumer packaged goods, specifically household cleaning products.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development along side some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.