SUMMARY: Responsible for the oversight of logistics and business processes, administer and maintain inventory control program systems, manages transportation systems and costs and coordinates with in-house team to promote accurate and timely processing of orders for customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Liaise with consultants and managers to document business processes effectively
- Ensure that various appropriate infrastructure elements, including documents, periodicals, manuals, policy documents, etc. are kept up to date and are available.
- Manage requirements and ensure they are stored in automated systems.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for system related or operational improvements to their direct leader.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Manages transportation cost to minimize transportation spending while providing on time performance
- Executes the daily plan by carrying out carrier assignment, tender, track and trace activities in support of on time delivery of shipments.
- Updates and enters operational data within the Transportation Management System (TMS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Coordinates and communicates operational requests for shipments, status, and other ad hoc requests for execution with carrier dispatchers, divisions or supplier shipping docks and managers.
- Manages through and provides options for operational failures of carriers, divisions, coordinators and others to execute and deliver on time delivery of freight.
- Generates necessary reports for management and operations.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with current transportation management tools and systems, including electronic execution within a Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Knowledge of order management and consolidation technology.
- Knowledge of EDI, ERP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of carrier selection, rating, routing, and assignment.
- Knowledge of products and services of the company.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of an Associate’s Degree, or equivalent experience in warehouse logistics.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.