SUMMARY: The Accounting Specialist assists the Controller in performing accounting procedures for the organization. They will perform a variety of tasks, including invoicing, , deduction research, account reconciliations, and other general accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for daily invoicing and credit memo entry. Daily Register updates.
- Investigate and verify all documentation is received to bill customer accurately.
- Responsible for commission payment process to brokers.
- Research unresolved deductions and other issues with customer accounts.
- Prompt and professional responses to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Freight liaison for accounting department, including filing freight claims for lost shipments, processing vendor freight invoices, and following up on disputed charges, and ensuring agreed upon rates and terms are followed.
- Back up Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree preferred
- 2 -5 years experience in accounting/finance or a combination of education & experience
- Proven track record of driving efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Excellent MS Office (Strong Excel, MSQuery, Access, PowerPoint) capabilities required
- Strong written communication and presentation skills required
- General understanding of accounting principles.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None required.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development comparable to some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week.