SUMMARY: Responsible for the day to day management of all accounting functions, including establishing accounting best practices, principles and procedures. Provides oversight and operations of statutory filings, establishes and maintains financial controls, and manages accounting staff. Assist in setting strategic direction for the accounting department, aligning department goals and objectives to achieve Company goals and objectives. Assist in driving department strategy and efficiency and enterprise profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain a high-performance culture in the Accounting Department resulting in continued success in meeting functional KPIs and driving efficiency.
- Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage the accounting staff to ensure the success of all individuals in the department, as well as achieving department goals and objectives.
- Develop, document, and maintain best in class accounting processes and procedures. Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
- Responsible for the credit function including creating a Credit Policy, setting credit limits, and maintaining credit files. Responsible for managing the collection of past due Accounts Receivables.
- Assist in producing annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts by assembling pertinent data. Calculate variances from budget, report material variances to Leadership Team monthly, suggest corrective actions.
- Responsible for month-end ERP closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, maintain accruals, maintain detail schedules to balance sheet accounts including fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Create and issue accurate, timely, and complete financial statements monthly. Report and analyze revenue, expense, and margin information by business, by division, by brand and by customer.
- Assists CFO in tax preparation and financing activities as directed. Coordinates the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Monitor bank covenants, produce borrowing base reports, and maintain positive bank relationships.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements, various tax and information filings, and government surveys.
- Analyze cost accounting data and oversee cycle count/physical inventory processes. Responsible for monitoring item costs and quantities in ERP system.
- Review and analyze inventory and item margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies regarding cost analyses and profitability.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of Company operations. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Provide financial analysis as needed regarding capital investment opportunity ROI, contract negotiation, make vs buy, etc.
- Coordinate with IT department on system issues, maintenance and development as relates to ERP and database, data import/export.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a BA, MBA degree preferred. CPA/CMA designation a plus.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in accounting/finance or a combination of education & experience
- Proven track record for leading and directing the work of others
- Proven track record of driving efficiency and profitability
- Excellent MS Office capabilities required. Mastery of Excel Pivot Tables and PowerPivot desired.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills required
- Demonstrates proven expertise in concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience in developing strategic plans based on comprehensive analysis
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervise all accounting department personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Summit Brands offers an exceptional work environment with work/life balance, an outstanding benefits package and opportunities for career development along side some of the industry’s finest. Our culture is unique with a blend of determined focus, wellness, fitness and family.